The Ilkley Bowl was presented to the Union in the inaugural year 1894 by the Ilkley Club and from that year has been held for one year by the Club winning the Team Championship.
The Amateur County Championship Bowl was purchased by the Union in 1894 with the subscriptions from clubs in the County. The clubs represented at the first meeting on 4th July 1894 were Birkenshaw and District, Bradford, Cleveland, Dewsbury District, Harrogate, Headingley, Huddersfield, Ilkley, Scarborough, Sheffield and District and Wakefield. The Bowl, a very handsome piece of silver, cost £35 and was to carry with it the Amateur Championship of the County.
The Alan Sowden Salver held for one year by the runner-up in the Yorkshire Amateur Championship was given to the Union by Miss Heather Sowden and Mr David Sowden in memory of their father Alan Sowden EGU President 1953 and the Union President 1939-1946.
The Second Division Team Bowl was purchased at a cost of 12 guineas by the Union when in 1906 it was found necessary to play the Championship in two divisions.
Inter Club Foursome Bowl again was purchased by the Union, at a cost of £20 when it was decided in 1908 to institute the Inter Club Foursome Tournament. This trophy is another handsome piece of silver and weighs 83oz.
The Yorkshire Championship Trophy was first played in 1927 when it was decided to hold an ‘Open Championship of Yorkshire’ and the Union accepted a Silver Challenge Trophy value 40 guineas offered by the Yorkshire Evening Post as the trophy for the Yorkshire Championship (Amateur and Professional).
The John Bairstow Trophy was presented to the Union in 1937 by the Golf Clubs in the Parish of Halifax and to be named after Mr John Bairstow of the Halifax Golf Club, President of the Union in 1904 and Honorary Secretary 1920 – 1947. The Trophy shall be held for one year by the leading Amateur in the Yorkshire Open Championship.
The Alvin Trophy was purchased by the Union with the subscriptions from the Clubs of the Union to be presented, on his retirement in 1969, to Mr A R Alvin, President EGU 1970, President of the Union 1954 and Honorary Secretary 1956 – 1968. It was the wish of Mr Alvin that the trophy be held for one year by the leading qualifier in the Yorkshire Amateur Championship. Following the reorganisation of the Amateur Championship, by the creation of a separate Matchplay competition, the Alvin Trophy is now presented to the player under aged 18 on 1st January that year who returns the best score over the 72 holes of the Amateur Championship.
The Seniors’ Amateur Championship Trophy held for one year by the Yorkshire Seniors’ Amateur Champion was presented to the Union in 1973 by Mr E A C Denham, President EGU 1981 and of the Union 1972.
The Wm Rayner Bowl, held for one year by the player returning the Best Aggregate score for 36 holes in the 1st Division Team Championship, was presented to the Union by Mr W Rayner, Honorary Treasurer of the Union 1956 – 1974, on his retirement from this office in 1974.
The Third Division was formed in 1976 and the trophy, a silver Rose Bowl, awarded to the winning team, was presented to the Union by Mr Edward W Hirst, President of the Union 1973.
The Yorkshire Youths’ Amateur Champion holds the trophy presented by Mr Harold P Clough in 1978 when the Championship was first held.
The Sand Moor Trophy is presented to the Yorkshire Boys’ Champion and was handed to the Union by the Yorkshire Junior Golfing Society in 1964 when the responsibility for organising the Yorkshire Boys’ Championship became that of the Union.
The Elysian Trophies are held by the winning parnerships in the Senior County Members’ Meetings and were presented to the Union by Mr Edward Fattorini in 1967 when President of the Ilkley Golf Club.
The George R Walker Trophy held for one year by the winning club in the 4th Division Team Championship was presented to the Union by Mrs Evelyn Walker in 1979 in memory of her husband Mr George R Walker, President of the Union 1967 and Honorary Secretary 1969 – 1979.
The John Keightley Trophy, a sterling silver Rose Bowl, held for one year by the winning Club in the 5th Division of the Team Championship, was presented to the Union by Mrs Doreen Keightley and Miss Jacqui Keightley in 1994 in memory, respectively, of their husband and father, President of the Union in 1993.
The Rex Warren Quaich, fashioned in sterling silver, held for one year by the County Mid-Amateur Champion, was presented to the Union by Mrs Pixie Warren in 1994 in memory of her husband, President of the County in 1981 and President of England in 1986.
The Horsforth Bowl, fashioned in sterling silver, held for one year by the winning club in the 6th Division of the Team Championship, was presented by Mr H W Darby, President of the Union in 1975.
The Leonard C Johnson Salver, fashioned in sterling silver, held for one year by the County Under 16 Boys’ Champion, was presented to the Union by Mr L C Johnson, President of the Union in 1995.
The Denham Salver, fashioned in sterling silver, held for one year by the County Veterans’ Champion, was presented to the Union by Mr Eric A C Denham, President of the Union in 1972, to mark the Presidency of his son, Mr Nigel R A Denham in 1997.
The Executive Trophy, a Claret Jug fashioned in sterling silver, presented by Mr J A B Corscadden in memory of Mr Bryan Dale, President-Elect 1998, to be competed for annually by the Executive Committee.
The Roger Brook Quaich, fashioned in sterling silver, held for one year by the winning club in the 7th DivisionTeam Championship was presented by Mr Roger Brook, President of the Union in 2001.
The Richard & Hannah Holgate Salver, fashioned in silver and silver gilt, held for one year by the leading player under the age of 14 in the Under 16 Boys’ Championship.