Welcome to the County Members Association
This page includes information about
- list of events and forms to enter them;
- County Members meetings;
- who can join; and
- how to join, including an application form.
Other County Member pages, available from the menu above, are
- Fixtures, including draws and results, for meetings; 2018 Fixtures here.
- News and Meeting Reports;
- a List of Members;
- a FAQ’s page; and
- Archives with results and reports from previous years.
The Secretary, for 2017, is:-
John M. Deeming, 36, Northfield Close, South Cave, BROUGH, East Yorkshire. HU15 2EW
tel: 01430 423480 email: [email protected]
2018 County Members Fixtures can be viewed here.
County Members Meetings
- ELIGIBILITY – All entrants must be paid-up County Members.
- ENTRY FORMS can be downloaded when available; ensure that you select “Landscape” mode when printing.
- ENTRY FEE for meetings is £34 per pair.
- FORM OF COMPETITION – A Fourball Better Ball Stableford from yellow tees.
- HANDICAP ALLOWANCE – 90% of CONGU Competition handicap [max 28] with full stroke allowance (No handicap limit for entry).
Only players with a COMPETITION handicap will be eligible to win prizes in County Members meetings.
Players with an NON-COMPETITION handicap will, however, still be permitted to play in these meetings.
- Members may enter both of the Spring, Summer, Autumn & Seniors events and will be accommodated if not over-subscribed.
- ENTRY PROCESS – A fully completed entry form, showing details of both players, INCLUDING MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS, to be submitted before the closing date, together with the entry fee
- If paying by cheque, then please send a separate cheque for each event please; the cheque should be dated for the closing date, as shown on the entry form.
- A separate SAE for each entry please, unless an email address is included, for the tee time allocation to be sent by email.
- Cheques will be returned to those balloted out (i.e. if the event is over-subscribed)
- After the Competition closing date, entry monies will NOT be refunded but entrants may arrange for a substitution providing the player substituted complies with the above rules
- USE OF BUGGIES subject to the agreement of the Host Club and following prior production of a medical certificate of disability, a motorised golf cart for the exclusive use only of the person named on the certificate will be permitted; his partner is not allowed to make any use of that Buggy unless he also has medical dispensation.
Join the County Members Association
Any member of any club affiliated to the Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs may become a County member by completing an application form and submitting it to the Secretary of the County Members Association along with the appropriate one-off life membership fee, currently £40. You then receive a fixture list, event entry forms and County Members’ Yearbook, and you are entitled to purchase and wear the Association tie and knitwear.
Once you have become a County Member you can enter any of the nine competitions run by the Association each year. These events are held at courses throughout Yorkshire so you will enjoy a variety of different types of courses and challenges. All competitions are Fourball Better Ball, so you enter as a pair with one of your golfing friends, not necessarily from the same club, which means the events are great social events. Prizes are presented, usually by the County President, to the top five scores of the day.
APPLICATION FORM – joining is simple – download an application form HERE.