At 10.45 a.m. on Monday 30th March 2020 the 125th Annual Council meeting of the Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs opened and was later adjourned.
Twenty two clubs were represented at the meeting which was opened and the following agenda items successfully dealt with –
1. To approve the Minutes of the last Annual Meeting of the Council.
5. To elect a President.
6. To propose a Vote of Thanks to the Retiring President.
7. To elect a President-Elect.
8. To elect an Honorary Secretary.
9. To elect an Honorary Treasurer.
10. To elect an Honorary Auditor.
11. To elect an Honorary Secretary (County Membership).
13. To confirm fixtures for 2020.
14. To propose a Vote of Thanks to the Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Auditor and the retiring Members of the Executive Committee.
The meeting was then adjourned and will reconvene, at a future place and point in time yet to be confirmed, when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
Agenda items 2,3,4,12 and 15 will then be dealt at a meeting where members of The Council can attend in person.
In the meantime messrs Grimbleby, McDermid and Ogden will continue to serve on the Executive Committee.
A photograph of President – Cameron Thomson is now displayed on our website –
Thank you to those of you who attended the meeting (virtual meeting) and let’s hope that it’s another 125 years before a repeat of such an arrangement is necessary!
Jonathan L Plaxton
Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs
01904 468442 / 07484 730349