Last Reviewed: 1st July 2020
Last Update: 11th June 2020
The Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs advise you as follows with regards to YUGC golf in 2020.
The status of the 2020 County Members Events is as follows:
- INV1 – 16 Apr – Cleveland – Cancelled
- SPR1 – 30 Apr – Selby – Cancelled
- SPR2 – 07 May – Moortown – Cancelled
- SEN1 – 28 May – Driffield – Cancelled
- SEN2 – 18 Jun – York – Postponed – date TBA
- SUM1 – 02 Jul – Meltham
- SUM2 -16 Jul – Oakdale
- AUT1 – 06 Aug – Cleveland (New Venue)
- AUT2 – 20 Aug – Wheatley
- INV2 – 03 Sep – Beverley & East Riding
Entry fees will be refunded on request or else ‘carried forward’ should you so wish. We hope to see you competing at a future meeting but if you require a refund please let us know.
Given the administrative work involved please also allow our Treasurer a reasonable period of time to undertake this task!
- The 2nd Division Team Championship (COVID-19 edition) will be held over 18 holes at Moortown GC on Wednesday 8th July.
- The 1st Division Team Championship (COVID-19 edition) will be held at Abbeydale GC on Wednesday 22nd July.
- The Boys Championship will be held at Scarcroft GC on Friday 24th July.
- The Team Championship for 9 hole Clubs will be held at Waterfront GC on Wednesday 29th July subject to a decision in early July.
- The Amateur Championships will be held at Lindrick GC on Tuesday – Thursday 4th – 6th August.
- The U16 and U14 Boys Championships will be held at Dewsbury District GC on Tuesday 11th August.
- The Seniors Championship will be held at The Oaks on Monday – Tuesday 14th -15th September.
Entries are now invited for the above events. We will seek to accommodate late entries, where possible up to the competition date, but in order to avoid disappointment we would now encourage the submission of online entries – Entry Forms
- The Matchplay Championship will be held at Hessle GC on Friday – Sunday 18th – 20th September.
- The draw for the Inter-Club Foursomes Championship will be published no later than the 19th June.
Northern Counties Golf Union
The Northern Counties have advised the following with respect to the status of events for the 2020 season;
- Men’s Qualifying – Royal Liverpool – Cancelled
- Boys’ Qualifying – Hexham – Cancelled
- Seniors’ Qualifying – Silloth – Cancelled
- Seniors’ Championship – Fulford
- North of England Amateur – Alwoodley
- Men’s League – Cancelled
- Seniors’ League – Cancelled
- Boys’ League
All county coaching sessions have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
Further information is available online and the link below from England Golf may assist you –
Jonathan L Plaxton